Job Number: 17975BR
Location: US - Shoreview, MN
Date Posted: 8-20-2014
Back to top
Energize your career with Westinghouse Electric Company! Our commitment to safe, clean nuclear energy is second to none. As we recognize the 128th anniversary of Westinghouse Electric Company, we celebrate our rich heritage of technical innovation and commitment to ensuring our global customers’ success. If you are interested in being a part of a company that values exceeding customer expectations and providing future generations around the globe with emission-free energy, we want to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an SAP Resource Planner in our EE&MP product line.
Engineering, Equipment and Major Projects (EE&MP) – Safely and predictably providing high-quality products and services that improve reliability, capacity and efficiency for new and operating reactors.
In this position, an SAP Resource Planner can expect to be responsible for the following:
A Westinghouse FHE&CM Project Planner will work with Project Managers, using SAP to set up, monitor, track and report project costs, scheduling and activity.
The position is responsible for making appropriate changes to Project WBS structures for the ECO & ER processes for Engineering Projects.
This position is responsible for working with accounting to balance project costing at month & year end.
• Implement the standards contained in the Westinghouse “Codes of Business Ethics & Conduct and Defense Industry initiatives.
• Create, update and assist in maintaining WBS structures and networks for Engineering, Project Management & Manufacturing
- Create Project WBS's
- Create Networks for all levels of Projects
- Input Budgets (PM, Engineering and Manufacturing levels) for Projects
- Input Milestones for Projects
- Input Scheduled Dates for Engineering and Manufacturing
- Create Manufacturing Work Orders
- Work with Project Managers and Project Controls group to keep milestones accurate and current.
- Process Engineering documentation to keep Manufacturing Work Orders accurate
- Create Requisitions for rework
- Transfer Engineering BOMS onto Mfg work Orders
- Work with Sales and Marketing to set up Planned Costs
- Complete monthly report (ZMPU) on all Projects to ensure Projects are reporting correctly
- Work with Finance to keep projects in balance
- Work with multiple areas to assist with Material Move process
- Work with Primavera Team to verify accurate transfer of information to P6 schedules.
- Provide local and remote training of FHE&CM personnel using standard and FHE&CM specific training materials for SAP.
- Coach and mentor FHE&CM employees in SAP.
- Perform general trend analyses on projects for management and project managers. Assist in creating project manager reporting standards and creating special SAP report variants.
- Work with management on process changes where SAP is used in the data collection or reporting process, such as Project Excellence and Customer 1st initiatives.
- Document and enforce project and nomenclature standards.
- Establish and monitor/report SAP project metrics appropriate to FHE&CM.
- Assist PMs in updating SAP projects as required.
- Verify the proper WBS structure and process Engineering ECOs & ERs.
- Assist PM in properly closing projects upon project completion.
- Ability to work with the Project Manager & Marketing Engineer to effectively enter new projects and change orders in SAP so that the project aligns with both the project budget & project schedule.
- This position works with all departments at FHE&CM.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- This position is subject to the requirements of FHE&CM, Westinghouse and customer security, unescorted access and fitness for duty programs.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
* Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Management, or equivalent required.
*Experience in project planning software such as SAP, Primavera or MS Project Enterprise preferred.
* Experience MS Excel required
* Knowledge of SAP a plus, or other enterprise cost accounting/management system a plus.
* General knowledge of project management principles (e.g., risk analysis, scope control, and quality assurance) a plus.
* Excellent communication skills required.
Westinghouse Electric Company is a group company of Toshiba Corporation.
Check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Westinghousenuclear or follow us on twitter at WECNuclear.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Years of Experience
Westinghouse employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Savings Plan, Retirement Contribution Account and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of work/life programs such as flextime and a variety of training and development opportunities.
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.