Job Number: 17842BR
Location: US - Columbia, SC
Date Posted: 7-22-2014
Back to top
Energize your career with Westinghouse Electric Company! Our commitment to safe, clean nuclear energy is second to none. As we recognize the 128 th anniversary of Westinghouse Electric Company, we celebrate our rich heritage of technical innovation and commitment to ensuring our global customers’ success. If you are interested in being a part of a company that values exceeding customer expectations and providing future generations around the globe with emission-free energy, we want to hear from you.
Westinghouse Electric Company Nuclear Fuel, located in Columbia, SC is seeking a Project Manager in its Technical Services department.
The Project Manager's duties will include, but not be limited to:
Implement standards contained in Westinghouse "Codes of Business Ethics & Conduct." Ensure that all employees reporting to this position are informed about the standards and related policies, and enforce them within this supervised activity.
1. Formulate and implement project plans and control systems, including reporting, controlling and projecting costs and schedules to achieve safety, quality and delivery. objectives.
2. Assume responsibility for Westinghouse’s performance to contract commitments and customer acceptance criteria. Serve as single representative to customer, architect engineer, constructor and Westinghouse business units. Interpret and transmit contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups. Develop and maintain project summary level schedules. Provide schedule reporting for Customer progress reports. Co-ordinate and ensure project work is delivered on schedule and within budget.
3. Assume overall responsibility for developing and delivering on business cases for projects. Establish project control budget based upon proposal estimate.
4. Coordinate all work activities and motivate to increase performance. Replace or supplement personnel to maintain organizational excellence.
5. Integrate project’s objectives and actions through participation with other project groups in matters of common concern. Promote projects-wide teamwork and effective communication, including issuing and maintenance of project process metrics and process maps.
6. Prepare project cost expenditure forecasts and progress evaluations/projections to support project financial reporting requirements including earned value analysis. Review project expenditures for compliance with project documents and scope.
7. Report financial status of projects to management, as well as commercial and technical concerns.
8. Develop and maintain project databases, systems and procedures to ensure efficient handling and transmission of project correspondence and documentation between project team members.
9. Make commercial and performance commitments as required during negotiations.
10. Exercise commercial and technical direction of personnel performing services at construction site.
11. Interpret and transmit contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering is required.
- PMP Certification is required.
- A minimum of five but typically up to ten or more years of professional experience in project management is required. The ideal candidate would have a strong technical engineering background as well as projects experience.
- Experience in implementing plant modifications in a manufacturing environment is preferable.
Demonstrated history of strong communication skills:
- Interpersonal skills required to achieve cooperation and reach agreement with project participants.
- Team leadership required to obtain maximum effectiveness from direct and indirect groups.
- Resolve differences in ideas and requirements of functional groups through effective negotiation.
- Must convince internal and external customers to cooperate, grant approval or take action.
- For international projects, understand communication skills needed to be effective where cross-cultural differences exist.
- Trained in financial skills associated with Project Management.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Broad and comprehensive technical knowledge of mechanical or chemical manufacturing operations.
- Familiarity with manufacturing business practices including knowledge of plant operations, maintenance and engineering practices, knowledge of procurement and quality control processes.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Westinghouse Electric Company is a group company of Toshiba Corporation.
Check us out on facebook at www.facebook.com/Westinghousenuclear or follow us on twitter at WECNuclear.
Years of Experience
Westinghouse employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k Savings Plan, Retirement Contribution Account and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of work/life programs such as flextime and a variety of training and development opportunities.
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.